Sunday, June 26, 2011

One week down......

23 to go - assuming I make the whole 6 months that is lol.

I think my husband was a little concerned that I would go back to work and enjoy it again and change my mind about a different direction.......well he need not have worried!!!!!!!!

We have talked for a long time about a more simple, sustainable life, one where we make everything we can from scratch, grow our own food, slow down and not be such a slave to the almighty dollar. We do this to some extent now, I try to make a lot of things but I do fall off the wagon from time to time - my maternity leave being a huge fall off the wagon - the amount of junk food consumed was ridiculous and I'm not proud of it.

It is with this in mind that we plan to sell our house and buy something small and cheap, no it won't be easy with 6 kids but I am looking forward to it. So it seems silly to then say in celebration of us deciding to slow down etc we decided to buy something. Something I have wanted for a long time but never really got around to getting. I'm a bit of a tightarse, the husband much less so - so it took quite some convincing on his behalf to let this marvel come home with us, but needless to say now that she is here I keep dreaming of all the wonderful things I can do......breadcrumbs, peanut butter, mince........

Already she has been put to good use - making 2 whole orange cakes from here http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2010/06/whole-orange-cake.html, chopped everything for 2 potato bakes and minced a whole rump.

Anyway I'm sure you didn't come here to listen to me ramble on a bout a food processor. I am still adjusting to work routine and as such didn't get a whole lot of sewing this week. Also I am waiting on some denim to arrive which has slowed me down too. I am hoping I can knuckle down this week and actually finish a few things. Kristie your order is almost complete, Petrina starting yours tonight and Rox and soon as this blasted denim gets here then yours is next cab off the rank :).

Macallum modelling his pirate cord set - red, sore conjuctivitis eyes and all - gotta love him <3. I am hoping in amogst everything too I can test out a new product I think is very cute and hope others think so too :D

And a little boy owl by request who went to his loving new home this week

I think thats about it this week in summary at the CouCou household......oh just quickly I almost forgot - a new logo is in the works and fingers crossed will be ready shortly ......yay


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment